BEEF TENDERLOIN ROAST
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: about 50 to
70 Minutes depending on doneness
Ready in: about 1 Hour
Makes about 6 servings
5 lb. beef tenderloin
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
3 teaspoons cracked peppercorns
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together
the basil, minced garlic, rosemary and peppercorns to make a
3. Press the seasoning mixture
onto all sides of the roast.
2. Place the roast on rack in
shallow roasting pan and insert ovenproof meat thermometer so
tip of the thermometer is centered in thickest part of beef,
not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover.
4. With the roast in roasting
pan, place in the oven and roast for 50 to 60 minutes for medium
rare; 60 to 70 minutes for medium doneness.
5. Remove the roast when meat
thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for
6. Transfer the roast to a carving
board; tent loosely with
7. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
(Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F
for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
8. Carve the roast into thick
slices and serve.