STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 45 Minutes
Ready In: about 50 Minutes
Makes 4 servings
3 lbs. split chicken
salt to taste
ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup minced fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons olive oil
Additional fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Season chicken breasts with
salt and pepper.
3. Stuffing Mixture: In medium
bowl, combine basil and remaining ingredients; mix well.
4. Gently separate skin from chicken breast along one side to
form a pocket.
5. Set aside 2 teaspoons stuffing
mixture; gently place remaining stuffing mixture under skin of
each chicken breast piece.
6. Rub reserved stuffing mixture
over outside of each chicken breast piece.
7. Place chicken breasts in a
9 inch square baking dish and bake 35 to 40 minutes until cooked
through and golden.
8. To serve, garnish with fresh