GRAY CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE II
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours and
Ready in: 4 Hours and
Makes 6 servings
4 pounds gray corned
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic minced
2 bay leaves
6 medium potatoes
6 medium carrots
1 head green cabbage
1. Place the corned beef
brisket in Dutch oven and barely cover with hot water.
2. Cut the onions then add the
onions, garlic, and bay leaves into the Dutch oven.
3. Cover the Dutch oven and bring
to a boil while skimming the top for any fat residue; then simmer
for about 4 hours or till tender. Check the meat by inserting
a fork. Fork should be inserted and withdrawn with ease. DO NOT
5. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes
and carrots. Set aside.
6. Cut the green cabbage into
6 wedges. Set aside.
7. Remove the cooked corned beef
from the liquid. Set aside and keep warm.
8. Add the potatoes and carrots
to the liquid in the Dutch oven then cover and bring to boil
and cook 10 minutes.
9. Add the cabbage wedges and
cook 20 minutes longer.