FAVORITE POT ROAST AND GRAVY
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour and
Ready In: 1 Hour and
Makes 6 servings
3 1/2 pounds boneless
beef chuck shoulder pot roast
1 tsp. olive oil
2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup water
2 Tbs. flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Heat olive oil over medium-high
heat in a nonstick skillet then add pot roast and brown all sides.
3. After browning the pot roast,
place it in an oven-safe roasting pan. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, stir together
well the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ketchup and
5. Pour the mixture above over
the pot roast in the roasting pan.
6. Cover the roasting pan and
bake in oven for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes for medium
rare at 150° F. or to desired degree of doneness.
7. Remove cook pot roast and
To Make Gravy:
8. After slicing the cooked pot roast, transfer pan juices into
a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
9. Meanwhile, mix together the
water and flour then slowly add to the boiling pan juices while
stirring constantly. Cook for two minutes.
10. Serve gravy over sliced pot