Glazed Roasted Turkey
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: about 4 Hours and 15 Minutes
Ready In: about 5 Hours
Makes about 15 to 17 Servings
1 15 lb, turkey, fresh or frozen (thawed)
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup clover honey
1/4 cup sweet mustard
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 cup red and green grapes, washed and dried
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey;
discard or refrigerate for another use.
3. Rinse the turkey with cold running water; drain and pat dry
with paper towels.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper in the body cavities.
5. Secure the neck skin to the back with skewers. Fold the wings
under the back of the turkey. Place the legs in tucked position.
6. Place the turkey, breast side up, on a wire roasting rack
(sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) in shallow roasting pan
(no more than 2-1/2 inches). Insert an oven-safe thermometer
into the thickest part of the thigh, being careful it does not
touch the bone.
7. Roast the turkey in a pre-heated 325 degree F. oven for about
3-3/4 hours. Baste with the pan juices.
8. Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend honey, mustard and rosemary
together. During the last 30 minutes of roasting time, baste
the bird with the honey glaze. Continue to roast until the thermometer
registers 180 degrees F in the thigh, or 170 degrees F in the
9. Remove the turkey from the oven and allow the bird to rest
for 15-20 minutes before carving.
10. Remove the turkey from oven and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes