Haverhill Beef's Club Marinade Online
Volume 5, Issue 6: February 8, 2005
Welcome to this issue of Haverhill Beef's Club Marinade Online!
Since 1952, Haverhill Beef has been your full service old
fashion butcher shop and meat market.
Our mission statement is simple:
"To provide our customers the finest quality and freshest
possible products available. To charge only the fairest price
possible with the personal service the customer deserves."
>> Greater Haverhill's Best Butcher Shop <<
>> 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 <<
** REGULAR HOURS **
Monday Through Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
** E-MAIL LIST ONLY COUPON **
~~~~~~~Clip Coupon Here~~~~~~~
Save! Save! Save!
$2.00 OFF ANY
PURCHASE OVER $15.00
WITH THIS COUPON
Coupon Expires: 2/15/05
This coupon cannot be
combined with any other offer.
~~~~~~~Clip Coupon Here~~~~~~~
To use the coupon above:
1.) Open the e-mail message - (VERY IMPORTANT: Don't just
view it in the preview mode).
2.) Select on your printer options: "Print PAGE 1 ONLY".
3.) Click print then clip the coupon portion; and bring the coupon
with you on your next visit to Haverhill Beef. (NOTE: If you
DO NOT select "Print PAGE 1 ONLY", the entire newsletter
It's that simple to SAVE!
As always, if you have a suggestion for our weekly newsletter,
please e-mail us at: mailto:ClubMarinade3@haverhillbeef.com
In this issue of Haverhill Beef's Club Marinade Online, you
- E-Mail List Only Coupon
- Monthly Drawing
- Food of Passion Cooking Demonstration: Saturday, Feb. 12, 2004
~~ Just in time for Valentine's Day!
- Weekly Special
- Beer and Wine Specials
- Valentine's Day Recipes
~~ Be My Valentine Rib Eye (Delmonico) Steaks
~~ Cupid's Filet Mignon (Tenderloin) Steak
~~ Lover's Portabella Prime Rib Roast
- Links To The Haverhill Beef Web Site
- Important Food Safety Reminder
** MONTHLY DRAWING **
Don't forget to visit the Haverhill Beef store to enter the
in-store "MONTHLY DRAWING" for a $50.00 Gift Certificate.
All Customers who make a purchase totaling $25.00 or more will
receive an entry coupon to be eligible for the monthly drawing.
NOTE: One entry coupon per Customer per visit. All entries
must be made at the Haverhill Beef Store.
The monthly drawing will take place on the last day of the
JANUARY 2005 WINNER: Debbie Noel <<<====CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
** FOODS OF PASSION COOKING DEMONSTRATION **
-- Just in time for Valentine's Day! --
Please join us at the Haverhill Beef store on Saturday, February
12, 2005 for a cooking demonstration on foods of passion with
Annette will be preparing the following passion filled recipes:
~~ 10:30 a.m.: Phyllo Dessert "Purses"
( These are like mini cheesecakes with jam, wrapped in phyllo
~~ 11:30 a.m.: Sausage & Peppers Pasta
( This is sausage and peppers in a flash. )
~~ 2:00 p.m.: Aphrodisiac Pasta
( A perfect chicken breast and pasta recipe for Valentine's Dinner
Start with a green salad and finish with chocolate fondue. A
white wine like Pinot Grigio is great with this! )
For more information or questions, please call us at (978) 374-4795
e-mail us at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
** THIS WEEK'S SPECIAL **
Sale Prices are effective through 2/15/05.
This Week's Haverhill Beef's Specials can be seen on our web
site by clicking below:
WEEKLY SPECIAL INCLUDE:
Make Your Valentine's Special Meal . . . . .
- Chairman's Reserve Boneless Delmonico Steaks: $8.99 lb.
~~ Great Steak For A Romantic Dinner!
- Chairman's Reserve Filet Mignon: $15.99 lb.
~~ The Best Money Can Buy!
- Chairman's Reserve Boneless Prime Rib Roast: $8.99 lb.
*** Stop by and check out our line of imported olive oils, pates,
and tomato sauces Imported from Sicily ***
*** Don't Forget The Champagne Or Wine ***
** BEER AND WINE SPECIALS **
- Turning Leaf Wines, 750ml Bottle: $6.99
~~ Pinot Noir
PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE! Always drink alcohol responsibly.
** VALENTINE'S DAY RECIPES **
Be My Valentine Rib Eye (Delmonico) Steaks
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: about 18 Minutes
Ready in: about 55 Minutes WITH chilling time
Makes 4 servings
4 Delmonico steaks cut about 1 inch thick
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
olive oil as needed
Butter mixture ingredients:
wax paper as needed
1/4 cup unsalted butter (Room Temperature)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1. In a small stainless steel mixing bowl, combine and mix thoroughly
the butter, parsley, lemon juice and garlic.
2. On a piece of wax paper, form the butter mixture above
into a log shape.
3. Chill the butter mixture log for one-half hour. After the
butter mixture log has chilled, slice it into 4 even pieces.
Keep chilled to serve on top of each steak.
4. Meanwhile, sprinkle each Delmonico steak with the pepper
and salt; then rub each steak with a small amount of olive oil.
5. Pre-heat a non-stick heavy-duty skillet over high heat;
then place each steak in the skillet.
6. Uncovered, sear on one side of the steak for 5 minutes
then turn the steak over and sear the other side for 3 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat and cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes
or until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F for medium
8. Serve each steak topped with slice of the chilled butter
Cupid's Filet Mignon (Tenderloin) Steak
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Ready In: about 1 hour with standing time
Makes about 10 servings
4 four ounce beef tenderloin (filet mignon) steaks
1/4 cup of cream cheese
1/2 cup of whole cranberry sauce
1/4 cup of dry red wine
1. In medium size skillet heat olive over medium/high heat.
2. Brown the steaks 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
3. Remove the browned steaks to a baking pan and top each
steak with one quarter of the cheese.
4. Broil for 3 minutes or until cheese is browned.
5. While steaks are broiling, stir the whole cranberry sauce
and dry red wine into skillet and bring just to boil.
6. Serve the steaks on a pool of whole cranberry/dry red wine
sauce with just a little of the sauce dripped over the top of
Lover's Portabella Prime Rib Roast
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: about 2 Hours
Ready In: 2 Hours and 15 Minutes
Makes 6 to 8 servings
4 lb boneless prime rib roast
1 package powdered cream of mushroom soup mix
2 portabella mushrooms
1 cup beef stock
2 tsp flour
1 tbsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
1. Place boneless prime rib roast, fat side up, on rack in roasting
pan without lid.
2. Rub mushroom soup mix over surface of roast.
3. Insert meat thermometer into center of roast, avoiding
4. Roast at 325°F per chart below:
RARE = 140ºF = 20 min per lb.
MEDIUM = 160ºF = 25 min per lb.
WELL = 170ºF = 30 min per lb.
5. Remove roast from oven 5°F below desired doneness temperature.
6. Tent roast with foil and let stand for 10-15 minutes on
cutting board before carving.
7. Meanwhile, slice mushrooms 1/4 inch thick; cut each slice
in half lengthwise.
8. Heat roasting pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Pour
in beef stock, stirring to scrape up any brown bits. Add mushrooms
and simmer 10 minutes.
9. Mix flour with vinegar and whisk into pan. Bring to a boil,
whisking constantly until thickened. Season with salt and pepper
** LINKS TO THE HAVERHILL BEEF WEB SITE **
Please take a few minutes and explore our web site. . . .
Main Page: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/
This Week's Specials: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/thisweeksspecials.html
Club Marinade: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/clubmarinade.html
Deli Platters: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/deliplatters.html
Freezer Packages: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/freezerpackages.html
Online Ordering - Pick-up At Store:
- Regular Retail: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/orderform.html
- Freezer Packages: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/orderformfreezerpackages.html
- Deli Platters: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/orderformdeliplatters.html
Cooking Instructions: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/cookinginstructions.html
Holiday Suggestions: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/holidaysuggestions.html
Past Newsletters: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/online.html
Map and Directions: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/map.html
Contact Us: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/contact.html
** IMPORTANT FOOD SAFETY REMINDER **
All cooking temperatures and times indicated on our web site
and this newsletter are suggestions only. Cooking temperatures
and times may vary for your oven, broiler, stove top or grill.
Please use an appropriate meat thermometer for accuracy
** INFORMATION AND PRICING DISCLAIMER **
Haverhill Beef tries to be as accurate as possible with the
information and prices you received via our Club Marinade Online
List; though we cannot be responsible for any typographical errors.
** THANK YOU **
Haverhill Beef Company
117 Merrimack Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Visit us at: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/
To Unsubscribe, send an e-mail message to:
NOTE: Removal from list may take up to 7 business days