CHICKEN BREASTS WITH CRANBERRY SAUCE
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: about 16 Minutes
Ready In: about 21 Minutes
Makes 2 servings
2 pounds boneless and
skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
Salt to taste
pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup minced scallions
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup red balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon parsley
1. In small bowl, combine
the flour, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. Flour all sides of the chicken breasts, shaking off any excess.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the
4. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet, reduce heat to medium,
and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked
5. Remove the cooked chicken breasts to warm platter. Set aside.
To make Cranberry Sauce:
6. Add the scallions and cranberries to skillet; sauté
7. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook stirring for 1 minute, until
vinegar has reduced to about 1/4 cup. Off heat, swirl in butter.
8. Spoon the cranberry sauce over the cooked chicken breasts;
then sprinkle with parsley.