CHOPS AND APPLE SKILLET
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: about 12 Minutes
Ready In: about 22 Minutes
Makes 2 servings (2 chops each)
4 boneless center cut
pork chops, about 1/2-inch thick
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 green apples, cored, peeled and cut into eighths
1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
ground black pepper
1. In a mixing bowl,
stir together the apple juice, thyme, mustard, wine and chicken
broth. Set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter and then brown
boneless chops quickly.
3. Add the apple slices to skillet with the pork chops; then
sprinkle with the marjoram and pepper; salt, if desired.
4. Pour the apple juice mixture over the pork chops, cover and
simmer for 7 minutes.
5. Remove the pork chops and apple slices; arrange and keep warm
on a serving platter. Set aside.
6. Increase the skillet heat to high and cook liquid, uncovered,
until slightly thickened.
7. Pour the thicken apple juice mixture sauce over the pork chops