Haverhill Beef's Club Marinade Online
Volume 5, Issue 1: January 4, 2005
Welcome to this issue of Haverhill Beef's Club Marinade Online!
Since 1952, Haverhill Beef has been your full service old
fashion butcher shop and meat market.
Our mission statement is simple:
"To provide our customers the finest quality and freshest
possible products available. To charge only the fairest price
possible with the personal service the customer deserves."
>> Greater Haverhill's Best Butcher Shop <<
>> 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 <<
** REGULAR HOURS **
Monday Through Friday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
** E-MAIL LIST ONLY COUPON **
~~~~~~~Clip Coupon Here~~~~~~~
Save! Save! Save!
$2.00 OFF ANY
PURCHASE OVER $15.00
WITH THIS COUPON
Coupon Expires: 1/11/05
This coupon cannot be
combined with any other offer.
~~~~~~~Clip Coupon Here~~~~~~~
To use the coupon above:
1.) Open the e-mail message - (VERY IMPORTANT: Don't just
view it in the preview mode).
2.) Select on your printer options: "Print PAGE 1 ONLY".
3.) Click print then clip the coupon portion; and bring the coupon
with you on your next visit to Haverhill Beef. (NOTE: If you
DO NOT select "Print PAGE 1 ONLY", the entire newsletter
It's that simple to SAVE!
As always, if you have a suggestion for our weekly newsletter,
please e-mail us at: mailto:ClubMarinade3@haverhillbeef.com
In this issue of Haverhill Beef's Club Marinade Online, you
- E-Mail List Only Coupon
- Monthly Drawing
- Weekly Special
- Deli Platters
- Beer and Wine Specials
~~ Oh So Good Slow Cooker Beef Stew
~~ Rosemary-Garlic Glaze Pork Chops
~~ Simple Meat Loaf
- Links To The Haverhill Beef Web Site
- Important Food Safety Reminder
** MONTHLY DRAWING **
Don't forget to visit the Haverhill Beef store to enter the
in-store "MONTHLY DRAWING" for a $50.00 Gift Certificate.
All Customers who make a purchase totaling $25.00 or more will
receive an entry coupon to be eligible for the monthly drawing.
NOTE: One entry coupon per Customer per visit. All entries
must be made at the Haverhill Beef Store.
The monthly drawing will take place on the last day of the
DECEMBER 2004 WINNER: Kerri Chrestensen <<<====CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
** THIS WEEK'S SPECIAL **
Sale Prices are effective through 1/11/05.
This Week's Haverhill Beef's Specials can be seen on our web
site by clicking below:
WEEKLY SPECIAL INCLUDE:
- Chairman's Reserve Bone In Center Cut Pork Chops: $1.99 lb.
~~ Thick or Thin
- Chairman's Reserve Boneless New York Sirloin Steak: $4.59 lb.
- Chairman's Reserve Boneless Holiday Roast: $4.59 lb.
- Chairman's Reserve Short Cut Rump Steak: $4.99 lb.
- Chairman's Reserve Extra Lean Beef For Stew: $2.99 lb.
~~ Great Time For A Stew
IN OUR DELI:
- German Bologna: $1.89 lb.
- Oven Roasted Turkey Breast: $3.99 lb.
100% SICILIAN MADE COFFEE AND PASTA:
~~ IONIA COFFEE:
- Superior Espresso Ground Coffee: $3.59 1/2 lb. (250 grams)
<<-- Great For Any Coffee Maker!
====>>> You SAVE Over $2.50! <<<====
~~ POIATTI PASTA: $0.99 lb. (459 grams)
- Angel Hair
** BEER AND WINE SPECIALS **
- Deakin Estates Wines, 750ml bottles: $6.99 - or - 2 for $12.00
~~ Cabernet Sauvignon
~~ Sauvignon Blanc
- Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon, 750ml bottles: $12.99
- Corona Extra Beer, 12 pack, 12 ounce bottles: $10.99 plus deposit
PLEASE DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE! Always drink alcohol responsibly.
** RECIPES **
Oh So Good Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 Hours
Ready In: about 12 Hours
Makes 4 to 6 servings
1-1/2 pounds extra lean beef for stew
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2-1/2 cups cubed potatoes
1 cup frozen cut green beans
1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1 cup sliced carrot
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
1/4 teaspoon basil, crushed
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
2-1/2 cups vegetable juice (like V8)
1. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag.
2. Add beef pieces to flour in the plastic bag; seal bag and
shake until meat is coated with flour.
3. In a large non-stick skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive
oli, then brown half of the beef, turning to brown evenly. Remove;
then brown remaining meat in remaining oil. Drain off fat.
4. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker (crock pot) layer the potatoes,
green beans, corn, carrot, and onion. Add the browned stew beef.
Add the bouillon granules, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, rosemary,
marjoram, basil, pepper, and bay leaf. Pour vegetable juice over
5. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on
high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or until meat and vegetables
6. Discard bay leaf.
7. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Rosemary-Garlic Glaze Pork Chops
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 22 Minutes
Ready In: about 32 Minutes
Makes 4 servings
4 bone in center cut pork chops, about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inches
3 medium, red onions, quartered
1 cup apple juice
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. water
3 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven broiler.
2. Place the pork chops on a broilerpan.
3. Arrange onions around pork chops.
4. Place the broilerpan with the pork chops and onions into the
oven and broil 4 inches from the heat for 9 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, for glaze, in a medium saucepan bring the apple
juice to boiling; boil uncovered on high for 4 to 5 minutes or
until reduced by about half.
6. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch with the 1/2 teaspoon water;
stir into apple juice. Cook and stir until slightly thickened
and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
Stir in oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the rosemary, pepper, and
salt. Measure out 1 tablespoon of glaze. Set aside.
7. Turn the pork chops over and broil 9 to 13 minutes more or
until juices run clear, brushing pork and onions with glaze during
the last 5 minutes of cooking.
8. Remove onions to a small serving bowl. Remove pork chops to
serving platter. Stir the reserved glaze and rosemary into onions.
Serve the onions with the pork chops.
Simple Meat Loaf
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: about 1 Hour and 10 Minutes
Makes 6 servings
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) vegetable soup
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, 1/2
cup soup, bread crumbs, onion, egg, Worcestershire, thyme, oregano
and pepper thoroughly.
3. In medium baking pan shape firmly into 8- by 4-inch loaf.
4. Place baking pan in oven and bake for 1 hour or until meat
loaf is no longer pink (160°F.).
After meat loaf has been cooked:
5. In small saucepan, mix 2 tablespoons of the meat loaf drippings,
the remaining soup and water; heat through and serve with the
NOTE: NEVER, NEVER LET YOUR CHILDREN COOK OR GRILL UNSUPERVISED!
** LINKS TO THE HAVERHILL BEEF WEB SITE **
Please take a few minutes and explore our web site. . . .
Main Page: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/
This Week's Specials: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/thisweeksspecials.html
Club Marinade: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/clubmarinade.html
Deli Platters: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/deliplatters.html
Freezer Packages: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/freezerpackages.html
Online Ordering - Pick-up At Store:
- Regular Retail: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/orderform.html
- Freezer Packages: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/orderformfreezerpackages.html
- Deli Platters: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/orderformdeliplatters.html
Cooking Instructions: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/cookinginstructions.html
Holiday Suggestions: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/holidaysuggestions.html
Past Newsletters: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/online.html
Map and Directions: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/map.html
Contact Us: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/contact.html
** IMPORTANT FOOD SAFETY REMINDER **
All cooking temperatures and times indicated on our web site
and this newsletter are suggestions only. Cooking temperatures
and times may vary for your oven, broiler, stove top or grill.
Please use an appropriate meat thermometer for accuracy
** INFORMATION AND PRICING DISCLAIMER **
Haverhill Beef tries to be as accurate as possible with the
information and prices you received via our Club Marinade Online
List; though we cannot be responsible for any typographical errors.
** THANK YOU **
Haverhill Beef Company
117 Merrimack Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
Visit us at: http://www.haverhillbeef.com/
To Unsubscribe, send an e-mail message to:
NOTE: Removal from list may take up to 7 business days